Symantec is the biggest manufacturer of security applications for computers on the planet. It’s existed since 1982 and has been a household name for several years providing antivirus protection for millions. Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 provides security for both Windows and Macintosh systems. Plus it also ensures it protects these operating systems from all sorts of malware threats including viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, keyloggers, adware, pop-ups and much more.
There are many technologies which were included in Norton AntiVirus 2012 and the important ones are antivirus, anti-virus, bot protection, Norton plus upgrades, anti-rootkit, Network Mapping, and Monitoring, Norton Reputation And these attributes combine to protect your PC from the latest viruses, spyware and other malware threats. And they supply fast powerful online protection to protect you from cyber-attacks.
Additionally, it lets you chat, e-mail and share documents online without worrying about illnesses. Norton has improved considerably through the years and lots of the issues that plagued it in the past have largely vanished. 1 difficulty it had, was its scanner that was a resource hog and could slow down the PC to a crawl through updates and scans. And this was one of the primary complaints against Norton previously in online customer testimonials.
We have included below the pros and cons located in Norton AntiVirus and you should check them out before downloading the software:
1. Norton scores high on the protection and usability of Windows XP based on AV-Test.
2. The interface permits you to protect the most complex components that you might not need to use.
3. It scans your FB newsfeed to detect unsafe links or harmful downloads.
4. Norton is fast to install and does not consume memory and CPU resources.
5. It detects if you connect over a 3G network and stops any upgrades that are not essential so you don’t pay your carrier for excess data.
6. Norton AntiVirus is currently cloud-based and you may install, transfer and upgrade your applications from anywhere on the Internet.
1. The antiphishing feature in Norton AntiVirus is basic and you will want to update to the internet security bundle for a better version of the program.
2. Norton is still an issue to leaves and uninstalls files on your registry when you remove it.
In general, Norton AntiVirus is a fantastic security product and we recommended it for both home and business use. But it’s fallen behind other apps like BitDefender and Kaspersky who currently provide more security features.